Friday, July 1, 2016

Today is the feast day of St. Junipero Serra




I feel an extra connection to today's Saint as I grew up in California in the town of San Juan Bautista.  I received my sacraments of Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation at Mission San Juan Bautista as well as being an altar server and parishioner.

I fondly remember not only being taught catechism by the nuns of the Mission but as a child, having them over for dinner several times and spending time at their home.  I remember them as always being full of joy and laughter.

I also remember, even from quite young, walking, running and playing in and around Mission San Juan Bautista that God’s presence was always near.

For info on St.Serra: stjunipero.org
more on Mission San Juan Bautista: Mission San Juan Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment